Interoperability Verification Testing
(IVT) offered under the program is designed to allow developers to demonstrate the interoperability of their products (application software and/or hardware) with Cisco technologies. View this diagram to understand the IVT process.
IVT varies by technology. To learn more about IVT for a particular technology, please refer to the respective Developer Center.
Connected Grid Partners and Developers must apply for Interoperability Verification Testing (IVT) for relevant technology sub-categories (e.g. IP-enabled Grid Devices, Field Area Networks, Transmissions and substation, etc) after accepting the Solution Partner Program Agreement at the Solution Partner Program Portal.
The Connected Grid (CG) category utilizes either Self-test method, or remote access to an IVT Lab for validating interoperability. Solution Partner Program partners will develop integration, interoperability with CG using Connected Grid Endpoint SDK.
Testing participation requires a CDN membership, a registered product and a IVT Request. Test requests are submitted via the Developer Dashboard, under the Registered Products Tab. Select "Actions" and "Add New IVT" next to the product to be submitted for IVT. Detailed steps can be found in section 4.5 of Partner Application Instructions under "Add New IVT Request."
Testing and certification for the Cisco Enabled Connected Grid Endpoints (CGEs) consists of a series of deliverables by the partner followed by a formal application for IVT. Here are the milestones and deliverables:
- Send Cisco your CGE design schematic for review and comments prior to layout and board build.
- Execute the CGE diagnostics supplied by Cisco on your own CGE and send Cisco the results.
- Connect your CGE to the Cisco hosted head end (called CG-REDI)
- Review the IVT test plan (see link below) and make sure that your devices meet the pre-test requirements documented there.
- Send us the identified deliverables in the 'Test Entry Criteria' section of the IVT Test plan
- Apply for IVT testing.